Thursday, June 10, 2010

Butterflies, Flowers, and Mobiles


I have paper punch envy. I love, love, love those new Martha Stewart Punches. I don't have the greatest hand strength most of the time, therefore I cannot use my old style craft punches. I have two drawers full from Scrapbooking. Anyhow, Martha, being, Martha, has designed these newer(at least to me) punches that are so much easier on the hands. I keep looking at them every time I go shopping, and finally I splurged and bought just one. This lovely little butterfly. It will cut two sizes, but three shapes at once. Two smaller and one larger butterfly. The card above is simply a folded piece of cardstock and the packaging from the punch cut into butterflies. I bent them ever so slightly in the center and glued the spine on the card. They look like they will flutter away at any moment. Now I only wish I could buy more shapes. LOL.




Someting else new on my craft front. Quilling. I have been teaching myself, along with some very lovely internet instructions how to quill. I have made a few necklaces, some cards, and various shapes. I really like the look of this paper quilling stuff.




This is the beginnning of a mobile for daughter #2. I wrapped a ribbon around a small embroidery hoop my mother in law gave me a few months back and tied some nice white cording onto it in a criss-cross pattern and glued some of the butterflies onto it. I would like to add some larger butterflies but have not cut them out yet. It is already very cute, but will be great when really finished.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment