Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yummy Yummy



Cool and refreshing is the idea with this dessert. I have made several new pies over the last few weeks as my sweet husband does not like cake very much. This is a 'Grasshopper' Pie. The last frozen pie was quite hard to cut and serve so this time around I just used my spingform pan that I normally use for cheesecake. It was so much easier this time. One of those voila' moments.
The recipe is from Kraft Foods. I get their weekly coupons and recipes in my email and this just sounded delicious. I made only one change. I did not have FAMOUS Chocolate Wafers, so I used crushed OREO cookies instead. All the kiddos loved it, and I loved that it was low fat and no one could tell...NA-NA-NA.

4 FAMOUS Chocolate Wafers, divided, CRUSH 2 wafers; sprinkle onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.

1 pkg. (1 oz.) JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Pudding

1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk

1/4 tsp. peppermint extract

2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Sugar Free Whipped Topping

1 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped make it.

BEAT pudding mix, milk and extract with whisk 2 min. Stir in COOL WHIP and chopped chocolate; spread onto bottom of pie plate. Top with remaining wafers, cut into quarters. FREEZE 6 hours or until firm. Remove pie from freezer 10 min. before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly before cutting to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment