Sunday, May 11, 2014

52 Week Crochet Challenge -Week 11 - What kind of a crocheter are you?

Do you follow a pattern exactly as it is written or do your like to wing it and make things up as you go? Or maybe a little of both.
I like written patterns for many things but after I have worked them many times I can normally do them from memory without the pattern.  I have been working on a few things this last month for daughter #3 who has a birthday this coming Friday.  One was from a pattern I found here: 

http://www.thechillydog.com/2014/03/crochet-pattern-boho-backpack.html





The second was totally from my own creation.  I simply used half double crocheted stitches row after row until I was satisfied with the color combination.  

Sometimes I just play with the yarn that is currently on the hook and come up with something undexpected.  I made the little bunny ears for the sweetie of the house when I made the kids Easter bunnies. 




2 comments:

  1. Cute backpack pattern! Wow, I'm certainly not like you - I have to go back to the pattern if I decide to make another; can't trust this old memory any more! As a matter of fact I couldn't trust it when I was young! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little flowers on the end of the drawstring. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete