Thursday, May 22, 2014

52 Week Crochet Challenge - Week 12 - What is the crochet tip that you have learned that you use all the time

So...my tip is something I made to make my knitting and crochet go smoother and faster.  I emptied a 2 liter soda bottle, cut the bottom off, punched holes along the cut edge and crocheted an edge and hanging cord.  I then attached some hooks to the ceiling in my sewing room and hung the bottle neck down from the hooks.  When I buy a skein of yarn from somewhere, i put it into the hanger, and then use my ball winder to make 2 or 3 center pull balls.  This is a more manageable size to carry around in my purse and most of the projects I work on are small. While the photos are full of chaos this is my sewing room.  I use it for my sewing, beading, crochet, knitting, and all my paper crafting. Then my daughter #2 and #3 come in a strew all their beading, jewelry making, clay making, etc... all over the place.  I apologize for the busy photos.


 Here you see I have two hangers side by side. One is a soda bottle which is very flexible, the second is an empty coffee creamer container which is more rigid.




1 comment:

  1. Hi! This is my first visit to your blog. (I found it via the 52-week challenge.) Just wanted to say I really like this invention! Also, your sewing room looks like a really fun place to be. :)

    ReplyDelete