Sunday, August 17, 2014

52 Week Crochet Challenge – Week 24 8/13/2014


Imagine one of your crocheted pieces years from now. Where will it be? Who will have it? Describe what you think the answer will be or make up a story instead.
How about a story from a piece crocheted years ago instead?
When my oldest was newborn I made a beautiful pink cable crocheted afghan. The pattern was from a store book and had hearts as a border edge all over the afghan. As I was a new mom, time to make this was ample and I finished long before the baby arrived. We moved when she was only 3 months old and it was lost in the pack up and not recovered in the unpack until a year and a half later. So it sat in storage all that time. When I discovered it, I washed it up and she used it regularly for the next 5 years. It was passed down to her sister, but rejected because it was very girly and pink.
When the oldest moved out a few years back she took it with her and has it on her bed today. Every time I see it I smile and remember when I was so proud of that accomplishment and how fond she is of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment